Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks

Thursday 24 November 2016

Around September time I made my very first purchase of Jeffree Star's beauty range. I'd heard a lot about his cosmetics all over twitter and the blogosphere, in particular his liquid lipsticks, but could never convince myself to purchase any (mainly because I didn't realise I could order directly from his site and have them shipped here). That was until Jeffree posted on all his social media accounts saying certain shades were going to be restocked and there was so much hype around it I decided to check them out. I never realised just how many shades were on offer; nudes, reds, and some very unique shades I could probably never in a million years manage to pull off. There's really something for everyone.

Postage was as quick as you'd expect from America and they arrived 3 weeks after I ordered them which to be honest is quicker than I thought given the fact the brand is independent, online only, and has incredible demand to keep up with. I did unfortunately incur an £18 customs fee but again it was expected so I'm not overly fussed about it. Each lipstick comes in the signature hot pink Jeffree Star packaging and once opened you can see the clear casing (displaying the shade) which comes with matching hot pink lid. I really do enjoy the size of these lipsticks, they're short and chunky making them nice to hold and a perfect size to throw in my bag.
All of the liquid lipsticks come with a doe foot applicator but unlike other liquid lipsticks I've tried Jeffree's seem to have a bit of movement making them perfect for getting to those tight spots and giving crisp and even lines. They're also very fluffy meaning they pick up more product and I find I only need to remove the applicator from the tube once to get even opaque coverage on my lips. The colours I settled on purchasing are Redrum (cool toned red), Celebrity Skin (brown nude with peachy undertone), Scorpio (grey purple), and Androgyny (plum mauve). All 4 shades are incredibly pigmented and don't apply streaky at all, the colour pay off is amazing. The scent of these isn't something I'd describe as unpleasant, more a case of natural chemicals apart from Celebrity Skin as it's scented with root beer float, how novel! 
All 4 shades dry down to look exactly on the lips as they do in the tube. I really enjoy the formula of these lipsticks and they’re probably the only super matte product I’ve used that aren’t extremely drying and instead are very comfortable to wear. My most worn of the 4 is Scorpio and I can say the longevity of it is amazing. Even when I eat oily foods like pizza (not recommended) it only seems to wear off the inner corners of my mouth and the inner lip, the rest stays on so minor touch up is needed. Other than that if I eat nothing oily it honestly does last all day and doesn't transfer at all. I love all 4 shades SO much and I can't wait to make another purchase very soon (definitely on black friday)! The final note I'd like to add is that ALL of Jeffree's cosmetics are 100% cruelty free and vegan so if you're looking to purchase you totally can as no animals are harmed to make these products. 10/10 from me.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks retail for $18/£16 and you can purchase directly from Jeffree's site here or from UK retailer beauty bay here.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.