A Catch Up.

Thursday 5 May 2016



Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I posted here (about 3/4 month maybe?) so it's probably best I try and catch you up with what's been in my life lately. This post will be extremely messy and long as I've no idea how to get the words out so just bear with it.






From the end of February I've been travelling the UK for my favourite band The 1975. If you've never heard of them I suggest you type them in to spotify/apple music/youtube whatever and give them a listen, you will definitely not regret it. ANYWAY, the start of this venturing around was a trip to London for a pop up shop. This was basically just a shop selling their merch and you could view all the pieces of artwork from the new album and it came with a surprise of the boys actually being there. We got there at around half 6 in the morning and queued straight away as there was already quite a few in line who'd been camping overnight! The shop opened at 11am and everyone was sorted in to groups of 10-15 and led to line up next to the door when it was your groups turn. The first room we were led in to was full of merchandise; I picked up a pink shirt and a white crew neck sweater (which I wear 24/7). After around 10 minutes we were then led to a  second room which had limited edition artwork and neon signs that were from their album art (shown in pictures 1-3 above). We were there for around 15-20 minutes and then were led to the third and final room (which was full of more artwork and neon signs, and the new album was playing). I wasn't too prepared for this and I am AWFUL at talking to people so when I saw the boys were there I kinda didn't know what to say or do. This then caused me to become cocky and I waltzed up to Ross, Adam, and George like "Hiya you areet?" George was not impressed and tbh I don't blame him. George said "how are you doing?" to which I replied "how are YOU doing?" my nerves caused this horrible awkward moment with George and I replay it in my mind constantly. I was extremely nervous around them all it was so awkward and I didn't dare ask any of them for a photo I just asked them to sign my book. The only person I had a photo with was Matty and that's because he asked me if I wanted one. Even though I was a bag of nerves the experience was wonderful and the boys are all so sweet and they are the nicest bunch for allowing this to happen. I'm so so lucky to have been able to go there and meet them.

Two days later I returned to London for Alan Carr's Chatty Man with my mum; The 1975 were playing so of course I applied for tickets and attended. We queued at around half 1 but got told to leave and come back later so we went around the back and I saw Matty outside having a smoke and I was like 'omg mam there's matty!!' the paps were there trying to get his photo so he moved out of sight. We then went back at around 3 and went inside at half 4. Matty seemed so nervous when it got to his turn to talk/play he kept tugging on his shirt sleeves, and he said it was freezing bless him. I just wanted to give him a big hug to calm his nerves. They played 'The Sound' and I had to stop myself from screaming 'Go on Hann Lad!' when Adam did his solo so I just did a few screams instead and I was of course singing along and Matty looked up and saw! I was and am extremely proud of them and my mum said she enjoyed it too.

The final chapter of this travelling is the rest of the month of March. I attended six shows of theirs; 8th March in Brixton, 12th & 13th March in Manchester, 17th & 18th March in Glasgow, and 22nd March in Birmingham their first arena show. I won't go in to depth about the shows I've put photos above the text from all the dates but I am again extremely proud of them and how far they've come from the start. I queued for hours for the barrier at each of these shows and got central barrier for most. I'd also like to add a little bit about their support act The Japanese House. Amber is so lovely and so wonderful and I love her and her music ever so much. I was at the front singing along at every show but the first night in Glasgow she actually noticed and after the show pointed at me and said "I saw you at the front singing along! Let's get a photo!" and I went outside and got a photo with her. She's honestly the sweetest and I hope she gets all the recognition she deserves. My life from the end of February and the whole of March was the 1975 themed (I even got a tattoo in that time for the band) and I miss it so much now I'm not travelling around to see them. I'll be seeing them soon in July at Wireless on the 8th and T in the Park on the 9th, and again in August at Leeds festival (The Japanese house are there too!) so it's not too bad. Matty also said they're touring again in Autumn so I best get saving for another month or so of travelling! That's it, that's what I've been doing for the last month or so. I hope this post wasn't too muddled up. I should be back to posting now that I'm back to my normal routine of work and not much else, ha ha.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.