February Glossybox 2014: Be Mine Edition.

Saturday 1 March 2014

Hello everyone! Today's post is all about the Valentine's edition of Glossybox. I subscribed to Glossybox last year, but only for 3 months, because I wanted to give it a trial run and after 3 disappointing boxes decided it just was not worth it so unsubscribed. I saw that the Valentine's edition featured a full size Ciate nail polish and since I got an absolutely awful colour in a previous box (shade pocket money) I decided I would subscribe and try to bag myself a colour I'll actually like but also some other nice Valentine's goodies and if the box was good I'd keep my subscription! I received my Glossybox last Wednesday (Feb 19th) 5 days after Valentine's day. What is up with that? Anyway, on with the products.

Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer
"Add radiance to your skincare regime with Sparkling Body Shimmer. This body lotion with mallow extract, Vitamin E, and wheatgerm enriched oil will leave your skin luxuriously perfumed with a hint of sparkle."
I'm gonna be honest and put it out there that I do not like this. In the bottle it reminds me of going to the primary school disco in the 90's and covering yourself from head to toe in body shimmer/glitter. I've tried a little bit of this on the back of my hand and found it to be a subtle shimmer.  The smell is nice, it's not too overpowering and I really like it. The product is quite runny and I dislike that also. I thought it'd be a bit like a body lotion consistency but apparently not. I might try this out in the summer on my legs but the chances are this'll just end up at the back of my beauty shelf. It's not a bad product, it's just not to my taste. This is a 100ml sample. This product retails at £14 for 250ml.
H2K Skincare Je t'adore Aromatics Shampoo & Sensual Hydrating Conditioner
"Je t'adore skincare shampoo and conditioner revitalises and nourishes your hair, for a difference you'll notice in days." 
Wow! What a long title! I'm not blown away by this or the description on the card as written above. Sounds like your bog standard shampoo and conditioner if I'm honest. I'll use them, because you can't go wrong with either products, they're just nothing special in my opinion. These are both travel size products, one 30ml and one 40ml, and they retail at £2.48.
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick (full size)
"Look good in the nude with Maybelline's Color Sensational Stripped Nude Lipstick. This new formula provides full, bold coverage for kissable lips."
Are you ready for what I'm about to say? I absolutely hate this lipstick. I got the shade 'Tantalising Taupe' and of all the nudes to get I couldn't have gotten a worse one. My skin is extremely pale and my lips are a natural pinky/red  so wearing this lipstick just makes it look like I've got foundation on my lips, not a good look I can assure you. It looks quite dark when it's in solid form but once on the lips it's not at all which is quite disappointing. Again this isn't a bad product, the scent and the formula are wonderful it's just the colour I dislike due to personal taste. I'll most likely give this to my mum, she loves nudes. This is a full sized product and retails at £6.99.
Sleep In Rollers Backcombing Brush (full size)
"Crafting a beautiful bouffant? Sleep in Roller Backcombing Brush will give your hair a volume boost for big hair on the go."
Oh, would you look at that? Another product I'm never going to use. It seems to me that since this was my 'first' box again due to the new subscription that they're decided to just throw loads of tat in and as a result I've unsubscribed again. Other people have been getting Toni & Guy hair gum, Eyeliner and even Mascara. What's your probs Glossybox? Basically it's a backcombing brush and I do not back comb my hair, ever. This is full sized and retails at £4.50.
Ciaté London Paint Pot (full size)
"Do you want stunningly sophisticated looking nails? Look no further than a Ciaté Paint Pot. These lovingly chosen and high performance formulas provide you with an effortless nail colour."
Here it is everyone, the money maker and the only beauty item I liked in this entire box. If this was the shade 'pocket money' again I'd have cried because I got that in a previous box and absolutely hate it. I don't do nudes. ANYWAY I actually got quite a nice colour! I got the shade 'Raspberry Collins' and I love it. It's a nice hot pink colour and it's perfect for the spring and summer! I know I'm surprised too, something that's actually to my taste! This is a full sized product and retails for £9.
Lindt Lindor Treat Bar
"Indulge yourself with Lindt's most famous chocolate, Lindor. Its irresistibly smooth and melting filling makes it a perfect little teat at any time."
I think it's funny that they even had to write that on the card because everyone knows that Lindor is the best chocolate in the whole wide world. I ate this pretty much straight away to try and calm me down after how gutted I was at the products I got in this box but it was delicious. This retails at 79p.

I don't think I'm going to have very much to do with Glossybox in the future, it just really does not seem worth it at all. Just because I'm classed as a new subscriber doesn't mean I should be given a crap box, surely that would make me say 'you know what this really is not worth it' and would unsubscribe instantly? I'm not very happy with the products bar the last two items (obviously). I just couldn't care for the rest of them. I feel like I've wasted £12. So yeah, overall I'm very disappointed. Until they improve I'm staying away. 


2 comments

  1. Looks a bit disappointing, I was really unhappy with my Birchbox :(

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! There was definitely better items out there :(

      x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.