January Favourites '16.

Sunday 31 January 2016


Hello everyone! Can you believe we're already one month down in 2016? Time flies crazily quick! I haven't done a monthly favourites post in a long time but I'm going to try and make them a regular thing. In December I purchased a Dolce Gusto machine and I got a voucher for £10 off an online purchase and came across these Vanilla Latte pods. I thought I'd give them a go as it's my favourite drink from Starbucks and no word of a lie they taste almost the same especially with whip cream on top! I've been trying to cut down on the amount of dairy products I eat so have been trying Alpro's soya yogurt range and came across these Alpro yogurt alternative in the chilled section in Asda. They have no bits (hooray) so are a texture I can handle and they just taste like regular fruit yogurts but without the cruelty, another hooray.
On the same trip I picked up Burton's Fish and Chips which are just salt and vinegar flavour biscuit snacks but they're so strongly flavoured and I haven't stopped munching them this month. For Christmas my boyfriend got me a book called The Vegetarian Pocket Bible and it's helped me a lot with my transition to vegetarianism since having it. I've tried some of the recipes and have been using it as help for what foods I need to eat to get the necessary minerals and vitamins to keep me healthy. It's definitely like a bible to me. A couple of months ago I went cruelty free and rid my make up collection of all animal tested products so have been on the look out for cruelty free replacements of some of my favourites. My new go to lip liner is Gosh Velvet Touch Lip Liner in the shade Nougat Crisp and it's a perfect pinky nude. On top of this I've been using Sleek Matte Me liquid lipstick in the shade Birthday Suit or Soap & Glory Satin Lipstick in the shade The Missing Pink; both are also perfect pinky nudes and fit so well with the liner and are my new go to nude lip products. I've also swapped my old favourite concealer in favour of Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer which comes with an under eye concealer, spot concealer, and a translucent powder and has proven to be very good for it's cheap price tag. My boyfriend got me the Soap & Glory Eyes Box set for Christmas and included in this is my new go to Eyebrow product; Soap & Glory Archery. One end is like a felt pen but is more of a brush than a nib and the other end is a pencil. This is perfect for shaping and filling in the brows and the shade Brownie Points matches my brows perfectly. The final product in my favourites is the Makeup Revolution 144 Eyeshadow 2016 Collection eyeshadow palette. I got this from my mum for Christmas and it is such a versatile palette due to the range of colours in it and the pigmentation is really good almost as good as high end eyeshadow. I love it so much and have pushed my Urban Decay faves aside in the last month for this palette.


Like this post? Follow on Bloglovin' for more!
Follow




1 comment

  1. I really need to use Gosh more, I always forget about them. I am desperate for the S&G concealer though, everyone raves about it! I've heard fab things about the Sleek range too, keep meaning to get a matte liquid lip as heard they aren't as drying x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.