Glossybox July 2014: Stars & Stripes edition.

Monday 14 July 2014

Hello everyone, I'm baaaack! Today's post is a Glossybox post. I saw that this months box was the 'Stars and Stripes' edition and all of the products are from the US apparently so I thought I'd subscribe again to see if I could bag some nice products (and the I LOVED the look of the box, I'm a sucker for packaging). Anyway, my Glossybox arrived in the post this morning so I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to attempt to get back in to the swing of blogging. As you know, I haven't properly blogged for over 2 month. So, here it goes!

Carmex Lip Balm (full size)
"Loved by celebrities and makeup artists all over the world, Carmex is the original lip balm and the only way to soothe dry, chapped lips. With menthol, camphor, and beeswax, lips are nourished, conditioned, and protected from the elements all year round. You need this staple in your bag!"
There's not an awful lot to say about this really is there? I'm quite neutral when it comes to this pot of Carmex. I'm not ecstatic about it but I'm also not disappointed. I'd never have gone out and bought this myself because I have enough lip balms to last me a life time. I have had a smell of this and although I can't pinpoint what it is, it isn't an awful one so there's a plus! I'll probably just throw this in my bag and keep it there for when I need it. This is a full size product and retails at £2.69.
Color Club Glossy Seal (full size)
"Color Club nail polish is proudly made in New York with only non-toxic, cruelty free ingredients. The shade Glossy Seal has been especially formulated for your July Glossybox!"
I'm gonna be honest and just say I'm really wondering why they've put an autumn/winter shade of nail polish in a summer month box. It's a dark Teal type colour not blue but the camera doesn't seem to be able to pick the slight green tinge up very well. I don't wear dark nail polish that often, only occasionally in the autumn so I definitely won't be wearing this during summer. I will, however, give it a go once it hits autumn, it'll be perfect for then I'm sure. This is a full size product and retails at $8 so that's roughly £4.50.
Absolute New York perfecting Eyeshadow primer (full size)
"This oil-free, ultra-creamy formula evens skin tone around the eye area and keeps eyeshadow crease-free and colour-true for a lasting look."
I haven't tried this on my eyelids yet, since I only got my box this morning, but I'm very pleased to have received this product. I have tried it on the back of my hand though to check consistency and colour etc. and it's a very pale pink colour but once blended in it's invisible. I do sometimes have issues with eyeshadow creasing and going gross depending on the brand and colour I wear so I'll probably make this a product I use every day. I love primers, they're one of the greatest creations on the planet in my opinion. This is a full size product and retails for $4.99, roughly £2.90.
Tarte lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara 
"A US mascara hero with lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning properties for healthy, longer lashes. This 4-in-1 mascara is dermatologist-and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume!"
Lets just take a moment to take in the joys of this product and it's gorgeous packaging. I saw that some people have been receiving blush sticks, lavender soap and some baby oil stuff and I honestly thought I was gonna be one of those people but NOPE. Low and behold this Tarte mascara was placed in my box and I couldn't be happier. I've been lusting over the full sized version of this for quite a while so to have it (a sample size) placed in to my Glossybox is almost like the lord has answered my beauty product prayers! The brush for this is a proper bristle brush and not one of those horrible rubbery plastic ones. I'm very excited to use this and hope it's as amazing and I've hyped it up to be in my mind. This product retails at £19.50 for a full size 7ml. Mine is a 4ml sample so that's roughly £11.
Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick (full size)
"This cult American favourite is formulated with natural waxes, mineral pigments, and antioxidants including Vitamin C and Vitamin E, providing long lasting colour and protection against the sun."
So last but not least is the 'spoiler' product. We were told that in each box we would receive a Bellapierre lipstick in either Pink, Orange or Red. Well, let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised to see I had in fact received the red one (shade Ruby)! I couldn't believe it. Glossybox have this knack of giving me nude shades that don't suit me. Oh lord was I pleased to see I had the red lippy. I haven't tried this on my lips yet but I have on the back of my hand and it's quite a nice formula, not dry but not 'slimy' either. It also smells quite nice, it's got a kind of vanilla scent (I think, I'm rubbish with scents). I also love the packaging on this lipstick, it's very simple but at the same time looks kinda expensive. This is a full sized product and retails for £20.


Overall I am very happy with this box. I got some lovely items, all of which I will use (even the nail polish). Glossybox have done really well this month and I'm so happy that 4 of 5 products I got match my beauty profile exactly. The box is also so cute, I love the special edition boxes it's part of the reason I do one off subscriptions. If this is the kind of top quality products that are gonna feature in boxes in the future I might finally take the plunge and become a permanent subscriber! Who knows. Very pleased this month.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.