MAC Rocky Horror Collection

Saturday 25 October 2014


When I heard that MAC were to release a limited edition Rocky Horror Picture Show collection to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the movie I squealed with excitement. I absolutely LOVE The Rocky Horror Picture Show. From the age of 13 up to the age of 15 I watched that film religiously. It was my ultimate fave film and honestly I don't think it'll ever get old. I heard that the collection was to be released in the UK on October 23rd so of course I stayed up all night hoping it'd be released at midnight...it was not. It actually wasn't going to be released until 12.30 dinner time so by that out I'd have been awake for 27 hours (I hadn't slept a wink since I woke the day before). Usually I don't bother with limited edition make up collections (and I most definitely do not stay up all night for them), but this one was a big deal for me so I was happy to sacrifice some sleep for it. I was constantly refreshing the MAC website waiting for the collection to drop so when it hit 12.20 and I saw the collection had been made available (10 mins early) my heart started racing with both fear and excitement. It was a literal race to get the items I wanted in to my basket and check out before they sold out. Luckily I got all 3 of the items I wanted and I almost cried tears of pure joy (get a grip girl). I am extremely happy with all 3 of the items I chose.

I can't tell you enough how much I bloody love the packaging of this collection, both on the boxes and the products. Can we also just take some time to appreciate how beautiful the inside of the packaging is? MAC have definitely missed an opportunity to make a limited edition make up brush there! I'm going to be keeping the boxes my products came in because basically, I'm one of 'them' (can you blame me? Just look at that packaging!).
Crazed Imagination £20.00
The first item I picked from the collection is a blush in the shade Crazed Imagination and it's a frost finish. This is described as a 'muted plum with a hint on pink pearl'. When I first saw the colour of the blush online I was a bit disappointed with how dark it looked in the pan, but once I'd read that it's a frost finish and saw a few swatches I fell in love with it. In the swatch above (which was actually swatched over itself 4 times), you can see it is quite light compared to what it looks like in the pan and hopefully you can see the 'pink pearl' a little. I have quite pale skin, so the frost finish of this blush is ideal for me as I don't want it to be too dark and look all kinds of wrong. This is the perfect blush shade for Autumn in my opinion and I can't wait to wear it!


Strange Journey & Frank-N-Furter £17.50
There's four lipsticks available in this collection (all different shades of red), three matte finishes and one amplified and I chose two of them. The first one I chose is in the shade Strange Journey and is a Matte finish. This lipstick is described as a 'yellowish brick red'. This is a warm toned red, so has a slight orange hue but I quite like that. I have another lipstick by a brand called Kiko that is exactly the same shade as this so I'm confident with this one and know it'll suit me. The second lipstick I chose is in the shade Frank-N-Furter and is also a Matte finish. This lipstick is described as a 'deep raspberry wine'. This is a darker red with cool undertones (teeth whitening factor). This lipstick is beautiful and right up my street, and everyone else's if you go by how quickly it sold out! Although both of these lipsticks are Matte finishes, neither are particularly drying and they both apply well without dragging. I can definitely see myself getting 6 hours plus of wear out of these.

The Rocky Horror collection is almost completely sold out online already, but hopefully they'll restock soon for those who missed out (keep checking guys!). I've heard/seen that it's available in some stores already but should be available at most stores on October 31st.


1 comment

  1. Oh my god I was soo excited for this collection as well! I found some roumors about it online and went into the MAC store the next day haha
    I got my paws on the Oblivion lipstick and it's just gorgeous!! I was lucky as well cause there were only a couple left!
    And the package is just amazing - i'm gonna keep the box as well :P
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    www.annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.