April Favourites.

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Hello Everyone! I've never done a favourites post on this blog yet (not sure why) so I thought I'd finally get around to it and bring you my April favourites!


Clinique 3 Step System
This system consists of 3 products, step 1: liquid facial soap, step 2: clarifying lotion, and finally step 3: dramatically different moisturising lotion. I've been using this for around 2 months now and considering how awful my skin was beforehand it's helped so much. I can finally wear foundation again and be comfortable. I purchased step 1 in around November of 2014. I went in to Debenhams and explained the situation with my skin to the lady at the counter, at the time I had dreadful dry patches on my forehead and my nose and occasionally on my cheeks too I couldn't wear foundation 'cause it just clung to them, and she suggested the 3 step system. She did a demonstration on the back of my hand with all 3 products and then again on the other hand missing a product out and at the time I thought she was just conning me to buy all 3 but now I own them I understand that it does work better with all 3 steps. For example, if you use just the cleanser and the moisturiser, the moisturiser doesn't sink in to the skin as well as it does if you've also used the liquid facial soap. Honestly I've no idea how it works but just trust me it does and I now swear by this as my daily routine. Thank you Clinique.

Benefit Puff Off
I originally purchased this in January when I was in London for my birthday but I never got round to using it until end of March beginning of April. I never really had time to try it or review it on my blog, I was always at work. I actually tried it one day when I got up for work extremely early and my under eyes were awful. I used it in an attempt to hide my dark circles and to make me look a bit more awake and it bloody worked. It's cooling on application, the metal iron works wonders for it, and it made me feel kind of refreshed if that makes sense, you can definitely feel the coolness for a few hours after application and I want that especially when at work I don't wanna look rough!

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
When I was in London I also purchased the new NARS foundation. I popped in to selfridges and headed to the NARS counter to get colour matched. If I was gonna splurge on a high end foundation I wanted it to be the perfect match. It sat in my make up drawer for a month or so until I finally plucked up the courage to try it and during majority of both March and April I found myself reaching for this product regularly. I haven't been able to wear foundation for a while because every one I tried just clung to the dry patches on my face and looked awful, this doesn't do that for me. My skin has improved because of my morning routine but even when I still have the odd dry patch this doesn't cling at all, which is really what I want. I find I don't need to use a lot of this to get a full and even coverage and I also find it quite lightweight on my face. It does take time to blend it out but it's worth it because it makes my skin look amazing. I'm very pleased I've finally found a foundation that works for me.

MAC Ruby Woo
A lot of people will describe this lipstick as far too drying because of it's retro matte formula and whilst I agree that it does tug a little whilst applying this is actually my favourite red of all the reds I own (and that's a lot). The matte formula is my go to formula for lipsticks, I don't like how creamy formulas feel on my lips and they're a nightmare when it's windy so for me matte is easier to use. The colour is perfect, I don't find this drying, and it lasts for a long time, even when eating and drinking it lasts and I love that. 

Soap & Glory Rich & Foamous Body Wash
I'm a big fan of Soap & Glory, I own a lot of their products and always find myself switching them up but for the last month this is the product I've been besotted with. Like all of their body washes it lathers up well, and leaves the skin feeling soft and of course clean. But the thing that makes this stand out for me is the scent. This smells amazing, the best way I can describe it is it smells like cake mix or even the smell you get when baking cookies mmm. 

Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Sheer Colour
Whilst in London I also purchased the Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in the shade N°10, the lightest shade. I wear this over the NARS foundation as a setting powder or on it's own when I just want light coverage. This is sheer but it is buildable and it doesn't look 'cakey' which a lot of powders do if used over liquid foundation in my opinion. This powder also contains SPF 15, but I wouldn't advise using this instead of sunscreen. I love the scent of this, it's very appealing and is the classic Chanel scent of rose. It's very subtle when on the face and the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.