My Goals for 2016.

Thursday 31 December 2015


I can't believe it's the last day of 2015, where has the time gone?! I don't believe in the whole 'New Years Resolution' thing, I think they're a load of rubbish and nobody ever sticks to them 'cause they're not realistic so instead I've listed some reachable goals for the next year.

Eat less Cheese/Completely cut out dairy - Pretty self explanatory. I've been vegetarian for about four months, and in that time I've thrown myself straight in to it. I eat no meat, nothing that contains gelatine, but I also don't drink milk at all, I use dairy free butter, and I rarely eat eggs.  I've also in this time tasted vegan chocolate and it's quite nice. I'd love it if I could at the very least cut down on my cheese consumption because the dairy industry quite frankly disgusts me and the thought of putting so much into it is upsetting. If I could just be that 1 step closer to Vegan I'd be thrilled.

Put more time in to my blog - I don't spend near enough time on my blog and I think it shows. I don't spend enough time planning posts, and I don't spend enough time taking photos and planning writing for them either. I just jot down ideas and then create them kinda on the spot.

Read more - I absolutely love reading and I have so many books, the only things is most of them haven't been opened. I buy books all of the time with the sole intention of reading them but I just never get around to it. I always make excuses and say I can't be bothered. So instead of saying to myself 'I haven't got time' I'm going to find time, read more, and help my brain grow.

Don't miss out on things and go alone - I've started putting this in to practice already in 2015 but it's one thing I'd like to continue and never stop doing. For a long long time I thought it was embarrassing to go anywhere like a concert alone and I was missing out on seeing some of my favourite artists because I had nobody to go with and thought everyone would be staring and pointing at me. It got a point where I just said 'yano what, who cares? They're here for the band' and started attending them alone. I've got 5 gigs already planned for 2016, 4 of which I'm attending alone and I think this is an excellent start to this goal.

Travel more - I just want to see the world. I want to travel whether that be in England, Europe, or the rest of the world I just wanna get out there and go to places I've never been before. I love to explore and love travelling to different cities to see bands so I'd love to go and take in the sights and be really touristy. 

Lose weight - If I'm gonna be really honest I say this every year and nothing ever comes of it. I'm quite happy in my own skin and my weight doesn't upset me or get me down but I don't think it'll do me any harm to lose a stone or two. I think I've got a better shot at it now since going Vegetarian because I've broadened my mind a bit where food is concerned and have a new found love for vegetables.

Become 100% cruelty free - I own so many make up/beauty products and most of them I bought earlier in the year so of course they're not cruelty free. It's strange how you just don't think about it until you stop eating animals and realise just how much cruelty goes in to almost everything that's a cosmetic. These companies already have my money so the damage is done, so I'm going to just use them up and then replace everything with a cruelty free alternative (probably from lush). I've already replaced a lot of products with cruelty free alternatives so I'm half way there, it's mainly things like hairspray and perfumes that sadly aren't. Hopefully by the end of 2016 I will be 100% cruelty free.

Control my anxiety - I've got an awful habit of over analysing what are usually social situations with people I don't really know and I get myself so worked up about it that I choose not to go and let my anxiety win. It's a daunting thought, but I'm hoping to try and control this so that I can still show my face because it's never as bad as it seems once I'm there, it's just the thought of going that gets me upset and I think it gives people a bad impression of me because I always drop out of plans. 

I'm really looking forward to the next year and I'd like to think these goals are realistic and achievable and I'm very determined to smash them all. I hope you all have a fab new year and I'll see you on the other side.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.