A look back on 2015

Monday 4 January 2016


Happy new year everybody! Another year has passed in what seems like the blink of an eye and I can't quite get my head around the fact 2015 is over. The last year has been filled with so many wonderful experiences and opportunities, lots of up but also lots of downs. I've already written my goals for 2016 here but before I leave 2015 behind I thought it would be nice to have a little look back on some of the best memories I have from the last year.


1. London for my 21st - I was 21 in January last year and my family (apart from my mum) weren't really bothered about it, we didn't go for a meal or anything, so me and my boyfriend decided we'd go to London for a few days and actually make it kinda special. We stayed there for 4 nights and I had a fab time. We explored the sights, went shopping, and did a little museum visit. You can read all about it here.

2. Cats the Musical at London Palladium - When I was about 7/8 I first saw Cats at the Sunderland Empire and really enjoyed it. I spent a lot of my childhood watching it on video and listening to the vinyl with all the songs on repeating the dances and it was the one musical I truly loved. When I heard it was at the Palladium for a limited period I just had to go. I went on my own and was front row and I had an amazing time. I was actually 20 minutes late to the show due to being stuck in traffic and missing my original train but it was fab nevertheless. Kerry Ellis was bloody brilliant and I wish I could see it again. You can read about my trip here.

3. Foo Fighters at Stadium of Light - Foo Fighters have been one of favourite bands for a long long time, I'm talking since I was 15 years old. I've wanted to see them for ages but never had the opportunity due to have a different music taste from my friends or they just weren't in my nearest city and couldn't afford to travel. They announced a stadium tour for May 2015 and I was thrilled to see they were doing my nearest one, Stadium of Light! I was ecstatic. Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foos were outstanding and the support came from Kaiser Chiefs overall it was an amazing night. Now I'm just waiting for them to announce another tour.

4. Fleetwood Mac at Leeds arena - In July I was extremely lucky to be able to see Fleetwood Mac at Leeds Arena. I got the train down first thing, spent a bit of time in Leeds, got some food, went and queued, and then got the last train home. Funny story I dropped my phone in the loo at the gig and had to ask permission to be let out of the arena to get a bag of rice for my phone hahaha I am a total disaster! Luckily this worked and all the water was drained out, I replaced the battery and the phone still works to this day! I got lucky. Anyway, Fleetwood were bloody brilliant and I don't care what anyone says they are a band that have still got it. I haven't included it but I actually saw Fleetwood Mac a month before this at IOW festival and was second row from the barrier, they were fabulous so kinda knew what to expect but that didn't take away from the show at all. I feel so lucky to have been able to experience seeing them live twice.

5. Trip to LUSH Oxford Street - When I heard about LUSH opening a flagship store in London I couldn't wait to get down there and pick up all the exclusives! I visited in July and as crazy as it seems I did literally go down just to get things from LUSH, have I lost it? Most probably but for me it was totally worth it. I'm returning to London in 20 days for my birthday so will be picking up more LUSH exclusives! I can't wait.

6. Leeds festival - 2015 was my third year attending Leeds festival and it just feels like home to me. I decided initially that I wasn't going to attend but I wanted to see Alt-J again and so did my boyfriend since he'd never seen them before so we decided we'd buy day tickets for the Saturday. You can read all about it here. I'm hoping the line up is good this year so I can attend 'cause it doesn't quite feel right not going.

7. York - In September me and my mum visited York for her birthday. It's the first time I'd ever been to York and I never realised how beautiful of a city it is. I'd love to return to explore even more as we only went down for the day. We visited York Minster, Betty's Tea Room, and The Shambles, and it was a really good day. You can read more about it here. We're hoping to visit London this year for my mum's birthday to explore the sights and see Les Mis at The Queen's Theatre 'cause my mum hasn't been to London in 15 year so hopefully that will all go to plan.

8. My kitties 1st birthday - Another birthday in September was that of my two little kitties, Berlioz and Felix. They turned one and being the crazy cat lady I am I went over board and bought them a card, and made them a cake using tinned gourmet cat food and treat. I even stuck in a candle shaped like a number 1. I wanted to get them balloons and everything but my mum disapproved, haha. I love my kitties like they're my children so of course their birthday had to be celebrated. They were well and truly spoiled.

9. The 1975 and meeting them - My final highlight of 2015 was meeting The 1975. I've loved this band for quite a long time and am seeing them two/three more times in 2016. I saw them in November with my friend Laura, we had drinks and then went to queue. We weren't at the front but we did end up in the middle area of the crowd and it was a really good gig. We then went around to the back of the academy when the show finished with the hope they'd come out and meet fans and they did! By the time me and Laura got to our turn all 4 of the band members had came out and I was thrilled. They're all so lovely and I am so grateful to Matty, George, Adam, Ross, and their management for allowing it to happen. 


I hope you all had a wonderful 2015 and I hope 2016 is just as fab!

Like this post? Follow on Bloglovin' for more!
Follow

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.