Christmas Films: My Top Picks.

Wednesday 7 December 2016

It's finally the time of year where all the Christmas films are on Sky movies and Netflix and honestly I am thrilled. I love nothing more than sitting on the sofa wrapped in a throw and scoffing a tin of Roses or Quality Street watching Christmas films, especially when the weather is rubbish. I've already watched three or four this year and we're 7 days in to December, not bad going! 

The Grinch:- I think this was probably the first Christmas film I ever watched and I found it truly hilarious. So many of the things The Grinch says reminds me so much of myself, it's uncanny.

Elf:- This film is one I watch every single year and will never grow tired of. I only bought this on DVD the other day because I've been dying to watch it but it's not on Sky movies anymore and they've said it won't be at all this year cos they haven't got the license for it. We've all been scammed! Christmas is cancelled! Honestly I was gutted, Christmas isn't the same without Elf on TV.

Miracle on 34th Street:- This film is my mum's ultimate favourite. I watched it for the first time last year and it made me cry it's so nice. *SPOILER ALERT* Kris Kringle aka Santa is in court and they're trying to prove he's really Santa so Susan the little girl hands the judge a one dollar bill and circles 'in god we trust'. The Judge smiles and basically says 'we've never seen god but we believe in him and the government approves it cos it's on our money so why don't we believe in Santa?'. It's a really good film and you should all definitely watch it.

Arthur Christmas:- I only watched this last night on Netflix and it's a really good animated film. It's about modernised Christmas basically 'Santa' uses a modernised sleigh to get around the world and has loads of elves to help him but they mess up in the worst way, by missing a child! In the end old school Santa and his reindeers and sleigh save the day!

It's a Wonderful Life:- I'll always love this film, it's such a feel good film. George Bailey is convinced his family and friends would be better off without him and contemplates ending his life. They're all praying for him to make it through this hard time and as a result Clarence, his guardian angel, is sent to show him exactly what life would've been like for those he cares for had he never been born. He concludes that life is in fact wonderful.

The Polar Express:- I haven't watched this film actually for a lot of years, we lost our original dvd, but I've always loved it. A young boy takes an extraordinary journey to the north pole and learns all about bravery and the spirit of Christmas. Also Tom Hanks is in it, if that doesn't convince you to watch it then nothing will.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.