NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream review.

Saturday 10 December 2016

Last weekend I headed to Newcastle city centre to do a spot of Christmas shopping and whilst I was there I popped in to Boots. I didn't have any intention of buying myself anything but I spotted the NYX counter and thought I've got to have a look. There were so many products on offer, but the main reason I went to have a look was a widely talked about product in the blogosphere; soft matte lip cream.


I'd heard a lot about NYX matte lip cream's so decided to pick up two shades, Copenhagen described as a rich plum shade, and Cannes described as a muted mauve. I find Cannes to be a my lips but better shade on me, it's a really nice pink nude and can see myself reaching for this a lot. I'm not much of a fan of the applicators, they're a typical doe foot but for some reason they seem to take too much product and that results in clumps. Due to them being a cream they're very easy to apply as they aren't watery like standard liquid lipsticks so it's a lot easier to get even lines as the product is easier to control. 
The swatches were left to dry, and after 5 minutes I patted the top of both with my finger and they were still quite wet, they hadn't even reached the tacky stage yet. Copenhagen applied quite unevenly but it's nothing major and is easily sorted with another coat once the first has dried down. I find they sit quite nicely on the lips and aren't drying but that could be down to the fact I didn't give them 10 minutes to dry and removed them after 5. With a cheap price tag of £6.50 each I can't really grumble, they do what they're supposed to and have very good opaque coverage. 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.