The Christmas Tag

Monday 5 December 2016

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
My all time fave is a toss up between Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, and Arthur Christmas.

2. Will you be on the naughty list or the nice list?
Definitely the nice list! 

3. Where do you usually spend your holidays?
Usually at my boyfriend's house with him and his family. I go there on Christmas eve for picky tea, then I go on Christmas day and have my dinner there (after I've seen my family on the morning) and usually stay overnight and then go to his grandparents or aunties house for boxing day tea. My mum has always gone to her sisters house for dinner, she (my auntie) doesn't speak to me or my brothers, reckons we haven't done enough for ourselves to deserve to be spoken to, so that's why I go to Ry's now instead of being on my own.

4.  What’s your favourite Christmas food?
I know it's not technically only a Christmas food but I only really eat it around Christmas time so I'm gonna say either honey roasted parsnips or cheese, lots of continental cheese. I also love getting big tins of Roses and Quality Street.

5. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
More than likely, yeah.

6. Name all of Santa's reindeer.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Vixen, Rudolph...err, is that it? There's only 6 right?

7. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Honestly I think my best gift was either the big barbie airplane I got when I was 8 or a few year back when I was 16 and my mum got me a tv, xbox 360, and 3 Assassin's Creed games. Honestly I was so ecstatic. I miss being young and picking toys to get for Christmas, being an adult is boring.

 8. Do you peek at your gifts or do you prefer to be surprised?
I never peek at gifts, I think it's very rude and disrespectful. I love being surprised.

9. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We usually put the tree up on the second weekend of December but this year it went up on November 29th! I tend to decorate it now cos mum can no longer be bothered with it.

10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It's fake. I wouldn't risk having a real tree around my kitties.

11. Show us your Christmas jumper.
I'm not going to take a photo but I will link it here. It's grey and says 'meowy Christmas' ha ha ha, crazy cat lady over here.

12. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be?
Gonna have to say Ryan, obviously.

13. What tops your tree?
We've got a red glittery star at the top of our tree.

14. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I don't make them, I don't see the point. If I'm gonna change something I'm not gonna wait until new year. I've never really been fussed about new year's resolutions or anything new year related to be honest. Not sure why.

15. You have been granted one Christmas wish, what will it be?
I could be really selfish and materialistic and wish for something like a Chanel bag or a big house, or I could be compassionate and wish for nobody to spend Christmas alone. It makes me sad to think there's people out there who have to spend Christmas on their own, I'd hate to think I'd gotten older and forgotten about as such. Truly awful.

16. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I haven't got just one. I wrote a post yesterday of songs in my Christmas playlist so if you're interested you can see it here

17. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Absolutely not, I don't really understand why people do that. Just wait a few more hours and open them on Christmas day. It's not really difficult.

18. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I prefer giving than receiving. I just hate receiving things I haven't asked for, cos it's usually something I won't use. That probably sounds ungrateful but I'd hate to think someone had spent money on something random simply because they weren't sure what to get me and then said present gets binned/passed to someone else/left sitting in my room. It's wasted money and I'd rather just get the money they'd have spent in a card even if it's just £20, it's easier for everyone.

19. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm quite alright at wrapping presents actually, obscure shaped presents I can wrap with ease too. I should be an elf in a workshop, haha.

20.  What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I got up in the middle of the night when I was a bairn and caught my mum bringing my presents downstairs. I'd had suspicions for a while that Santa wasn't real so I didn't cry or anything when I found out the truth I was alright with it. If I'm honest finding out made Christmas harder for my mum cos I used to write her a list as long as me arm of stuff I wanted and expected it all 'cos she's my mum'! Bless her.

SaveSave

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.