April favourites 2017

Friday 12 May 2017

Is it just me or did April go by really quickly? I feel like I've blinked and suddenly it's May! I've been so busy with work lately and have just had my contract upped to 32 hours from 25 so I now work 5 days a week. I don't plan on being there forever but it's nice to have the security of a full time contract as I'm saving for a mortgage deposit and still paying off my holiday. Anyway, back on to the monthly favourites. I found myself drawn to a lot of things in the last month so I've narrowed it down a bit so this post won't be too long.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
The first item I've been really loving is a drugstore foundation and it's the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I'll be really honest and say I tend to stay away from drugstore products, I'm not entirely sure why I just sort of fell out of love with them since I started to buy high end/luxury brands a few years back. I saw a lot of people raving about this and I ran out of my usual Nars a week before payday and was on a budget so decided to pick this up. It's such a good product I'm pleasantly surprised at just how good it is. One pump of this covers my full face, it gives a nice natural looking glow to the skin, and luckily for me it doesn't cling to any of the dry patches on my forehead or nose, hooray! You can build this up as well if necessary which is really good for days where I need a little more coverage than usual.

Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Striped Shirt
Would you believe me if I told you I found this shirt in TkMaxx for £35? Well you should because I did! I was so pleased with myself for finding this absolute bargain and the member of staff who served me said it was the last one and that they'd sold really quickly so I was even more pleased! It's just a white and blue striped shirt and is 100% cotton and super comfy I've worn it so much over the last month I just love it.

Levi's Cardigan
Whilst in TkMaxx I also picked up this cream Levi's cardigan that was reduced to £26, another massive bargain!! This goes with literally everything, I've worn it dressed up with my ralph lauren shirt and some nice skinnies and dressed down with an iron maiden shirt, ripped jeans, and some vans it's so comfy and so versatile. Couldn't be happier with this bargain. 
Moana
I never got the chance to see this in the cinema so I bought the blu ray when it came out. I've watched this film far too much in the last month i'm just so obsessed with it, which isn't too much of a surprise considering it's a Disney film. The story line is so good and the soundtrack is very catchy especially The Rock's song 'You're Welcome'. Disney have done it again! If you get the chance to watch it please do you will not be disappointed.

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick shade Lovecraft
My boyfriend's mum bought me this lipstick for Christmas and I forgot all about it until I was having a clear out of make up and came across it again. I gave it a try and instantly fell in love. This shade is a mauve pink nude and is a matte finish. I find it easy to apply on first application to the lips but if you have any dry skin then I would avoid if you can't be bothered to exfoliate because it does cling to it. It lasts for around 6 hours and then will need topping up.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick shade Posh Spice
I've owned this lipstick for a while now, since Christmas to be exact, and for some reason this month I've decided to try new products so I've been switching between this and the Kat Von D lipstick. I already love Jeffree Star's products, the formula, colour pay off, longevity, they tick all the boxes for me so it's no surprise that this is in my favourites. Posh Spice is a greige taupe is the perfect 90's nude for me I just love it so much and am a bit annoyed with myself for not using it sooner.
Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence 
I'll admit I own far too many fragrances but as a result I tend to alternate what I'm using each month. This month I've been regularly reaching for Marc Jacob's fragrance Divine Decadence that my mum gifted me for my birthday back in January. I prefer this to the original Decadence scent, it's not as heavy and is a floral-woody scent. It has top notes of Orange Blossom and Champagne Extract, heart notes of Gardenia and Honey Suckle, and base notes of Saffron and Vanilla.

Primark Loafers
I popped in to Primark a few times in the last month but during one of my trips I picked up the black loafers. I've been lusting over Gucci ones but I haven't exactly got a spare £600 to go ahead and splurge on shoes so I picked up these dupes. They're so comfortable and fit really well, so much so that I popped back in at a later date and picked up the white ones. The best part is they were only £6 each! Dirt cheap.

Vivienne Westwood Rose Gold Orb Earrings
My final monthly favourite is these gorgeous Vivienne Westwood earrings. I picked these up in December and wore them a few times but then put them back in the box and sort of forgot about them I guess. I rekindled my love for them and have worn them none stop this past month so I thought they deserved a place in this months favourites.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.