The Festival Tag

Saturday 12 August 2017

I recently stumbled upon this tag whilst watching some videos on youtube, it was created by the lovely ZoeLondon, and I thought "this is the perfect tag for me". Anyone who knows me knows how much I love music and how much I literally live for music festivals. Music is my biggest passion in life and I can truly be myself and 'let go' as such at festivals. There's nothing I love more than being in a field with my friends seeing our favourite bands.

1. What was the last festival you went to?
The last festival I went to was Latitude festival to see The 1975 but also got to see The Horrors, The Coral, and Mystery Jets. It was my 3rd of this year, I've also attended Parklife and TRNSMT this year.

2. What was the first festival you went to?

My first festival was good old Leeds! I went in 2013 and it was an amazing first experience, so much so I'm back this year for my 5th year in a row! Each year I go I feel like I've returned home, it's strange but it's a really nice feeling. 

3. Have you ever travelled abroad for a festival?

No I haven't. Yet. I've definitely thought about it though, maybe in the near future.


4. Best headline act you've ever seen?
Fleetwood Mac at Isle of Wight festival definitely. I really enjoyed Biffy Clyro at Leeds 2013 as well so much so I cried watching their set haha! Music makes me really emotional even more so in a festival environment. 

5. What festival would you love to go to?
There's only a couple left on the list of festivals I really want to go to that i've not yet attended; Glastonbury, Coachella, and NOS Alive in Portugal cos the line up is always so good. Definitely on the bucket list.


6. What is the next festival you're going to?
I'm going to Leeds festival on August bank holiday weekend. It's my last festival of the year and I'm so so buzzing for it, like words can't explain how stoked I am. It's all about little bands this year for me; LANY, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma and Blaenavon to name a few and then popping over to main stage to see Eminem.

7. Do you camp or are you a hotel kinda person?
Yeah I usually always camp. I went to Leeds last year though and camped in orange instead of my usual yellow and our tent got robbed. They came in whilst we were asleep and stole my boyfriend at the times wallet and snagged £140 the swines! To be honest it was his own fault for leaving it out, should've had it under his pillow really. It won't put me off camping in the future I don't think but hotels are so much easier and cleaner. Nothing better than a shower after being coated head to toe in mud. Everyone says camping is part of the experience but it doesn't make a difference to me, it's nice to be able to go back to a hotel room when it's chucking it down cos you don't have the worry of your tent leaking water in.

8. Share your ultimate festival lineup!
Ohh this is a good question, definitely gets me thinking! There's so many acts I'd love I'll just make a list of a few hmm. This will change every time I answer it there's just soooo many! Erm so headliners I'd have Arctic Monkeys, Fleetwood Mac, and co headlining Paramore and Alexisonfire. Then supporting them I'd have The 1975, The Black Keys, and Sum 41. Then a few other acts I'd have Catfish and the Bottlemen, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Blossoms, Alt-J, Foals, System of a Down, Twin Atlantic and possibly Stone Sour or Papa Roach. Then little bands would be Blaenavon, Sundara Karma, The Japanese House, Pale Waves, Half Moon Run, LANY, Inheaven, and Circa Waves to name a few. I keep thinking of new people to put in but I'll leave it as this for now haha! I'd put Katy Perry in there somewhere as well, she puts on such a good show.

So that's it, that's the festival tag. If you've never been to a festival before I really do urge you to get yourself booked up to go to one next summer, you'll have an amazing time. I've been lucky enough to see so many of my favourite bands and comedians at festivals, some I never thought I'd ever see such as Fleetwood Mac and Blur and also discovered some little bands like Sundara Karma, Blaenavon and The Sherlocks. I have no plans on ever stopping going to festivals and will likely continue until I'm old and grey haha! I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you all in my next one.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.