LUSH Christmas

Friday 4 December 2015


Santa's Belly Shower Jelly | £3.95 Those of you who remember So White shower gel may, like me, be quite upset at LUSH for not bringing it back this year. Well you'll be glad to hear that technically it does still exist, except it exists in the form of this shower jelly! Santa's Belly smells exactly like the So White shower gel did and also the bath bomb of the same name, fresh crisp apples. I've never used a shower jelly before so I'm a bit apprehensive but I have that apple scent back in my life so I can't complain.

Golden Wonder | £3.95 | Golden Wonder is a Christmas product I've purchased for the last 3 years so of course I've nothing but great things to say. Shaped like a present and covered in golden lustre this ballistic is very easy on the eye and with it's citrus scent it's not bad on the nostrils either! Once placed in the water it fizzes away into an array of colours and leaves you with turquoise coloured water with golden lustre, what I like to call Mermaid Water.

Rose Jam | £4.95 - £27.95 | Rose Jam is, from what I've heard, a popular shower gel option but I've always written it off due to my dislike of rose scented things. I decided there'd be no harm in trying it so I picked up a 100ml bottle to see what all the fuss was about. This smells just like the bubbleroon of the same name, very floral and of course of rose but also slightly citrus. I tend to find rose scented things overpowering but I quite like this. Rose Jam produces a nice thick lather so very little product is needed which means it lasts longer. Hooray!

Cranberry Festive Face Mask | £6.95 | When I saw this was part of the LUSH Christmas range I was genuinely more excited about this than any other product. I quite like the smell and was drawn in by it's ingredients due to their antioxidant and cleansing properties. This mask dries quite quickly on the skin and I used a generous layer! After washing this away I didn't get the tight feeling I tend to get with some masks (I like it), my skin instead just felt very soft and restored. The only downside is this doesn't last very long in terms of expiration date, you get a month maximum to use it. Cranberry is definitely my go to mask for the winter months and I will need to repurchase soon 'cause I'm almost out!

So White | £3.65 | So white is definitely my favourite ballistic from the Christmas range. It's pretty plain looking but once you put it in the bath it turns a beautiful pale pink. Of course the thing that does it for me is not the look but the scent, fresh apples. Pair this with Santa's Belly for a full apple scented bathing experience. Perfect.

Salt and Peppermint Bark | £5.95 | I love all things peppermint scented so I knew I'd love this straight away. I really enjoyed the Rub Rub Rub body scrub bar so I know I'll get on with this equally well and will have super smooth skin in no time.

Star Dust | £2.95 | I picked this up for two reasons only: 1. It's shaped like a star and 2. It smells of vanilla. SOLD. It's basically butterball revamped so expect soft silky skin. Just like So White this is pretty plain on the outside but the inside is full of colourful joy and spills out lots of little stars, very cute.

Snow Fairy | £3.95 - £21.50 | Ah the product we long for all year to make it's return, Snow Fairy. I've been in love with this shower gel for a few years now and I make sure to pick one up as soon as it's on sale. Snow Fairy has a candy floss scent and is quite sickly sweet, not for everyone. As much as I wish this was a permanent product I'm kind of glad it's only around for Christmas because once it goes on sale I know that Christmas is so close and I can start being/feeling festive.

Shoot For The Stars | £3.65 | The thing I love most about this ballistic is the design, the shooting star is so cute. As soon as I drop this into the bath it spills out lots of bright colours and glitter and makes the tub look amazing. It smells of orange and bergamot and leaves the skin super soft.

Peeping Santa | £3.95 | I'm not really a fan of bubble bars anymore unless I'm having a really crappy day so I almost didn't pick this up. Peeping Santa is new for Christmas 2015 and one I welcome as he's so cute. He's filled with strawberry sweet bergamot and geranium oils and the 'filling' is shea butter and cocoa butter so leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturised.

Yog Nog | £3.95 | If you're familiar with Yog Nog soap you'll get on well with this ballistic because they share the same scent. It smells like cinder toffee to me and it's so delicious I could just eat it. This is another that really nourishes the skin and leaves it feeling soft thanks to shea butter. Perfect for the winter months.

Father Christmas | £3.65 | It wouldn't be Christmas without the Father Christmas ballistic would it? Just like last year this smells the same as snow fairy, turns the water holly green and is an overall delight to use. I tend to stock up on these and then refuse to use them until the last few days leading up to Christmas.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.