Advent Calendars and Attempting Blogmas.

Thursday 1 December 2016




Happy December 1st everyone! I thought this year I would try my best attempt at blogmas, I have so many posts in my drafts I've never bothered to post so why not try and post for 24 days eh? I'll be honest with you and say I almost failed at day 1 as I've been out during the daylight so now have no decent lighting to take photos of anything so have had to use this rubbish quality one I took this morning on my phone. Apologies! 

This year I've treated myself to two advent calendars, one beauty and one chocolate. Every year for the last 4 years I've told myself I'm going to buy a beauty advent calendar and then I never do, the closest I got was putting my name on the waiting list at Debenhams for the Benefit one but then never bothered to go and pick it up. I was torn between two; Charlotte Tilbury's World of Legendary Parties (£150 for 12 days!!) and Selfridges Eclectic Little Luxuries (£95) , I settled on the latter. I reckon I made the right choice as it's now sold out. There are 24 products from 5 different brands: YSL, Viktor & Rolf, Kiehl's, LancĂ´me, and Urban Decay, all brands I will definitely use, 3 of which I already do. 

I don't know if it's just me but does anyone else find the taste of the chocolate in the dairy milk calendars (or any chocolate calendars for that matter) seems to be a bit tainted by the fact it has been sitting in plastic for a while so it just tastes weird? For some reason all chocolate advent calendars taste so strange to me, the chocolate just tastes cheap. My fussiness is the reason I picked the Lindt advent calendar again this year, each chocolate is wrapped and then put in the plastic tray and also because the chocolate is SO good. Can't go wrong with Lindt!

I've already opened both of my calendars today as it's now half 9 at night, so to fill you in I got a little 7ml bottle of Bon Bon by Viktor & Rolf and a mini Lindt reindeer. Very cute! I can't wait to see what's behind door 2, or the other 23 for that matter. I'll be posting what's behind each door on snapchat so if you're interested make sure to add me!

What advent calendar(s) have you chosen this year? Feel free to let me know in the comments!



SaveSaveSaveSave

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.