January Favourites 2017

Saturday 25 February 2017

My first monthly favourites of the year, and it's a very belated one! I haven't written a post like this for quite some time and I thought it'd be good if I started up with them again. Christmas brought me so lovely new things to try and I've spent January doing exactly that!

Lancôme Absolue Premium ßx
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Eclectic Luxuries advent calendar and this was one of the items in it. I'm almost certain this is meant to be an anti-ageing cream but I've just been using it as a moisturiser. I use it as part of my regular skin care routine and if I'm honest it's really helping with the dry patches on my nose and forehead and is helping to combat the harsh effects winter has on my skin. I probably won't purchase the full size of this though, as it's £120!! 

Chanel Coco Noir
I've been after this perfume for so long and Ry was kind enough to gift me it for Christmas. It's one of the nicest fragrances I've ever smelled. I find this to be a nice floral fragrance but with added patchouli which I guess adds a slight musk. That description will have done this scent no justice so if you haven't yet please give it a smell when you're next in a store that stocks it. When I was a teen I would never have used anything like this and wore sickly sweet fragrances but I'm 23 now and I've grown up a lot so this right up my street.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick: Scorpio
I'm a big fan of Jeffree's liquid lipsticks anyway and I own quite a few but I've been gravitating towards Scorpio the most in the last month or so. I featured this in my November favourites but I've worn it so much I had to include it again. Scorpio is described as a dark grey purple shade, and the staying power is amazing it usually lasts me all day without having to reapply. I'm going to have to repurchase this soon as I've next to nothing left in the tube!
Olivia Burton Watch & Radley Watch
For christmas I was gifted two watches; an Olivia Burton one from Ry and a Radley one  from my mum. They're both in my favourites as I've worn them both a lot over the last month. I wear the Olivia Burton one for 'special occasions' because it's got a dusty pink strap so gets dirty easily and I wear the Radley one for every day and work as it's got a dark brown strap so doesn't get as obviously dirty. Although I am thinking of getting a cheap one for work as I don't want my Radley one to get broken/messed up off my job. I quite enjoy having a watch again, it means I don't have to keep raking around my bag looking for my phone just to check the time.

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics
This eyeshadow palette is probably the best one I've ever owned, never before have I had a palette where I use every single colour in it. Made up of 12 brand new matte neutral shades  (some warm toned some cool toned) that are all exclusive to this palette, and all very wearable you'd be crazy not to snap this up. You can create so many different eye looks with this it's such a versatile palette. My current most used shades in this palette are Instinct, Lethal, Pre-Game, and Extra Bitter.

Vivienne Westwood Liverpool Bag
This bag is probably my favourite possession ever, like my mum is an actual diamond for getting me this bag for Christmas. I love everything about it, the size, the colour  the design, the hardware, the lining, it's just so up my street. I've used it almost every time I leave the house and it's such a good size to fit everything in that I need. I'm so lucky and so grateful to my mum for this.
Boohoo Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat
I was 18 when I last had a faux fur leopard print coat and I really wanted the topshop one this winter but it was like £80 and I couldn't really justify it (and it sold out in my size :( so sad). I spotted this one on boohoo for half the price and Ry was kind enough to get me it for Christmas. I've worn it so much over the last month and it's such a nice warm coat. It goes with so much considering it's quite a bold print. 

Disney Life
I recently re-subbed to Disney Life which if you don't know is a site that has every disney film in one place, including TV shows and books! It's currently available for £5.99 and I just thought that's such a bargain. I watch a film or two every day now and will probably continue to do so until I've watched them all. 

Disney Youtubers Vlogs
I'm heading to Florida for Disney World and Universal in October and have recently been watching a lot of Disney Vlogs. The main 2 who I keep going back to are Ellie Steadman and Charlotte aka Lil Miss Chickas. I've watched all their Vlogs so far and all of their tips and tricks videos and it's really keeping me occupied and getting me prepped for my trip. I really recommend you check out their channels, you will not be disappointed!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Amiiliek | A Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle blog. Design by Fearne.